You May Be In Danger Of A Dryer Duct Fire
The danger of a dryer duct fire is very real. Check out this video which offers some excellent tips on how to prevent a dryer duct fire from occurring in your home.
Dryer vent cleaning will significantly reduce this fire hazard and will give you peace of mind. It also reduces the amount of time it takes to dry each load, which in turn saves you money on your hydro bill.
If you notice ANY of the following it may be time to schedule a cleaning:
- Damper (flappers) on outside exhaust termination barely opens when dryer is on.
- Clothes are damp or hotter than usual at the end of the cycle.
- Laundry room feels warmer or more humid than normal.
- Clothes take an unusually long time to dry.
- Outside of dryer is unusually hot.
- It has been over a year since you had your dryer vent cleaned.