Tips to Improve Indoor Air Quality During the Winter Months
There is nothing quite like opening the windows of your home on the first nice day of spring. However, because you keep them closed during cold weather, the quality of indoor air decreases. The good news is that you can enjoy the benefits of springtime air even with a foot of snow on the ground. Although hiring a company that provides air duct cleaning services is by far the best option, there are a few additional tips to consider.
- Air Filters – Be sure you change the air filters in your furnace every month. Particularly in the winter, the filters become clogged relatively fast. When you change them, air blows through a clean filter instead of forcing dirt, debris, pet dander and hair, and other pollutants into the air you breathe.
- Live Greenery – Living plants increase the level of oxygen in your home, which in turn cleans and purifies the air. Therefore, you should place different types of greenery around your house, including plants like English ivy, spider plants, Boston ferns, rubber plants, and even bamboo. For the best results, use fresh organic soil made specifically for potted plants. Also, if you have a pet inside the home, especially a kitten or puppy that likes to chew, always select animal-friendly greenery.
- Air Purifying – Whether you use professional air duct cleaning services or not, you should purchase a purification system. Not only will a top-of-the-line unit make your home smell fresh and clean, but as a purifier, it also improves air quality from a health perspective. Therefore, if you or someone else in the house has asthma, COPD, allergies, or some other respiratory problem, this option is essential. For this, make sure you buy a purifier designed for the size of your home or the indoor space where you plan to use it.
- Essential Oils – Again, in combination with expert air duct cleaning services, the right essential oils help clean and freshen indoor air. For this, you can use a spritzing bottle or oil diffuser. Regardless, always buy a quality product or make an essential oil blend at home. Some of the best ingredients include ginger, frankincense, rosemary, peppermint, lavender, lemongrass, orange, and a host of others.
- Outdoor Air – Even with cold temperatures outside, opening several windows for about 10 minutes will make a significant difference in the quality of the air. You can do this occasionally throughout the winter and still rely on air duct cleaning services from a reputable company.
- Housecleaning – Professionals who provide air duct cleaning services stress the importance of regular housecleaning. By vacuuming and dusting more often than you do in the summer, you eliminate pollen, dust mites, mold, and other pollutants that compromise indoor air quality.
For the best air duct cleaning services in Toronto, you can count on us at City Duct Cleaning. Contact us today for a free quote or to schedule an appointment.Share this: