dryer vent cleaning toronto
now browsing by tag
Benefits of Investing in Regular Dryer Vent Cleaning in Toronto
While you know that keeping the lint trap in your dryer is important, you may not be aware that a professional vent cleaning service offers tremendous benefits. To ensure that your appliance operates optimally, and also to prevent significant problems, including a risk of fire, services for regular dryer vent cleaning in Toronto are critical.
As you begin looking for dryer duct cleaning companies in Toronto, you will come across many that claim to have the best services. However, to hire the right business, you need to compare what two or three companies offer, check both history and reputation, and read customer reviews.
To better understand why a regularly scheduled vent cleaning service by a reputable company is essential, consider a few examples of benefits.
- Longer Lasting Clothes – Instead of paying a lot of money to replace clothes, you should have your dryer vent inspected on a regular basis. The reason is that if the vent becomes partially blocked, the dryer has to work harder to completely dry clothes, towels, sheets, and other items. As a result, the dryer becomes excessively hot, which negatively affects the anything inside. Depending on what you need to dry, clothes can shrink, or the fibers can get irreversibly damaged.
- Extended Life of Your Dryer – Another benefit is that your dryer will last longer. If your appliance operates longer and, therefore, gets hotter than intended, it can experience premature failure. However, if you have the vent cleaned and a clog unblocked, it will run as it should, which in turn, extends its life.
- Reduced Risk of a Fire – The most important benefit of having your dryer vent cleaned is a significant reduction in the risk of a fire. The combination of clogged lint and other debris with a hot-running dryer equates to a fire hazard. Therefore, regular cleaning could be a life-saving decision.
- Eliminated Carbon Monoxide – Carbon monoxide, which is an odorless and colorless gas, can lead to death. By having a clog in the vent removed, the risk of a buildup ceases.
For these and other reasons, it is critical that you have your dryer vent checked on a regular basis. At City Duct Cleaning, one of our technicians will perform a thorough inspection to identify anything of concern and rectify the problem correctly. For information about our company and the various services that we provide, please visit us online or call to schedule an appointment.
How to Clean a Dryer Vent to Prevent a House Fire
Thousands of house fires occur annually because of dirty dryer vents. You can do a few things to help with house vent cleaning, but for regular service or a serious clog, you need professional dryer vent cleaning in Toronto. Professional vent cleaning services eliminate any risk of a fire. When researching different dryer duct cleaning companies, choose one with a reputation for outstanding services at a competitive rate.
A professional will clean the lint trap and dryer hose for you. As an example, if you are disabled or cannot move the dryer out from the wall without assistance, call a reputable company for help. However, a professional does much more. Using specialized equipment, the expert will also look at the outside dryer vent cap and insert a long vacuum tube and snake-like brush to loosen and remove any debris inside. The expert checks for significant masses attached to the walls inside of the ventilation pipe and eradicates them using the same equipment.
A dryer’s venting system consists of bends and elbows that are difficult to navigate and pipes that measure anywhere from 5 to 40 feet long. Cleaning out the entire system requires professional assistance. An expert offers diagnostic services to determine the volume of pressure going through the vent and the amount of gas escaping into the home.
With professional cleaning, your dryer does not run as long to get a full load dry. That means there is less wear and tear on the appliance and reduced utility costs each month. If you have to run your dryer a long time to dry clothes, you notice a funny smell, items come out hot to the touch, or it has been more than one year since your last dryer vent cleaning service, seek professional help.
To protect you, your family, pets, and personal belongings, it is essential that you have your dryer vent system cleaned. Unfortunately, there are people who lose everything, and sometimes even their life, because they failed to have their system checked.
As experts in this field, our experts at City Duct Cleaning are 100% confident you will be thrilled with our services. You can visit our website or contact a company representative today. We would love the opportunity to have you as a valued customer and to give you the peace of mind that you deserve.
Benefits of Hiring a Dryer Vent Cleaning Company in Toronto
While it is common for people to think about having air ducts cleaned, many never even consider the importance of professional dryer vent cleaning in Toronto. In reality, both of these services are critical. With air duct cleaning, contaminants inside ductwork are eliminated, whereas for dryer vent cleaning, the operation of the appliance improves, but more importantly, the risk of fire is dramatically reduced.
The lack of dryer maintenance is one of the most common causes of fire, accounting for as much as 92 percent. What happens is that both lint traps and vents quickly become clogged. The problem is that a clogged vent prevents needed airflow. This has an impact on the dryer’s operation, causing it to operate at higher temperatures. As a result, there is a significant risk of overheating and fire.
To better understand how critical professional dryer vent cleaning in Toronto is, consider some of the current statistics. Although these numbers represent cases in the United States, they show the true dangers for Canadians as well.
- In 2010, roughly 16,800 residential fires involving dryers were reported in the US
- These fires resulted in 51 people losing their lives and an additional 380 people sustaining injury
- As for property, it was estimated that $236 million in damage was done by these fires
Whether people are unsure or unable to clean dryer vents, or perhaps they get busy and simply forget, a very serious hazard develops. To ensure proper airflow, regular dryer vent cleaning by a professional company is strongly recommended. If you are concerned that the cost of a dryer cleaning service in Toronto is too much to afford, consider the alternative. The good news is that this type of service is actually more cost-efficient than you might imagine.
To keep you, your family members, pets, personal belongings, and the home safeguarded, dryer vent cleaning in Toronto is worth the investment. For dryer vent cleaning, the process is relatively straightforward. However, there is time and effort involved in disconnecting the dryer from the energy source, and then removing, thoroughly cleaning, and replacing the vent. Once clean, you will notice a huge difference in how your dryer operates in that clothes dry faster. Therefore, the dryer does not run as long, which saves money on utility bills.
Although you might be tempted to tackle dryer vent cleaning in Toronto on your own, this is a job best left to a professional. City Duct Cleaning offers years of experience and expertise for both dryer and Toronto duct cleaning. Please give us a call to schedule an appointment.