Cleaning Home Ducts
How to Determine if Your Home Duct Needs Cleaning
The quality of the air in your home can significantly impact your health. Mould and dust particles can cause allergies even if you don’t usually have them. Symptoms of this irritation can include watery eyes and sneezing. If you have bronchitis, allergies, asthma, or other respiratory issues, then these particles can cause even more damage to your health. The only way to completely remove pet dander, dust, and pollen is through regular home duct cleaning services.
Who Needs Duct Cleaning Services in Toronto?
Usually, you should have residential duct cleaning in Toronto about every three to five years. However, if your home is particularly dusty or you have pets, you may need to have it more often. There are several signs that you need to have this type of maintenance:
Mould Growth: If you notice that there is mould on the ducts, then you should have it tested to verify that it is mould. If so, then home duct cleaning services can take care of it and inspect your system to ensure there are no problems.
Excessive Dirt: If you notice dirt or dust on the exterior portion of the air vents or debris inside the openings, there is an issue. There is more dirt inside the system than outside of it. An HVAC system must work harder when it has a clog. This can increase your electrical bills and cause the components to wear out faster.
Pests: If you have had insects or rodents, such as cockroaches or mice, in your home, you should choose professional duct cleaning services in Toronto. This will help prevent the dirt from spreading. Viruses, dander, insect droppings, bacteria, and other microorganisms that remain in the ducts can cause health issues.
Symptoms of Allergies: If you notice that your ducts are dirty and you seem to have increased allergy symptoms, then it is a good idea to get the ducts cleaned. Allergens, such as pet dander and pollen, can recirculate in your home and land on the surfaces.
Excessive Dust: Dust can also recirculate with a dirty duct system. You may notice that your home seems dustier than usual, especially if you have had any remodelling done recently.
Get Your Ducts Cleaned Today
Getting home duct cleaning services will help keep your home clean and safe. You may notice after you have your ducts cleaned that you get sick less often. If it has been a while or you meet any of the conditions on the list above, it is time to schedule your duct cleaning. City Duct Cleaning Inc. offers professional residential duct cleaning in Toronto.
Also Read : The Health Risks of Unclean Ducts
Why You Should Have Your Furnace Cleaned Before Your Christmas Party
Before you have guests over for the holidays, you probably want to make your house as clean as possible for them. You may be cleaning your kitchen, vacuuming your floors, and putting all your extra belongings away. But one important thing you may have missed is to clean the ducts in your home. This directly affects the air quality in your home, which is especially important if you have guests of different ages visiting.
There are many reasons why you should choose home duct cleaning services before the holidays. For grandparents or children with asthma, it could make a world of difference. You might feel surprised at just how big of a difference there will be in the quality of the air in your home after you get your ducts cleaned.
Efficiency of Home Duct Cleaning Services
You might not consider just how much dust has accumulated in your ducts. Because you cannot see the dust, bacteria, and other harmful substances in your home’s air, you most likely do not think about it. However, having these particles in the air can seriously affect the health of those in your home.
If you or your family members are suffering from unexplained respiratory symptoms, it may be time to consider residential duct cleaning in Toronto. Even if you normally have no allergies, the mould and bacteria in your ducts can cause coughing, sneezing, and runny noses in even the healthiest of individuals. Consider how much worse it would be for those with health problems.
If you have pets in your home, their dandruff and hair can become trapped in the ducts. Every time you run your furnace, you are circulating those potential allergens throughout your house. Even after vacuuming and dusting, people with pet allergies will still notice symptoms if you do not take advantage of home duct cleaning services before your holiday parties.
After getting your ducts cleaned, you may also notice that you will have to clean less often. The dirt in your air ducts may cause dust and dirt to settle in your home. Once your ducts are clean, there will be less dirt to settle in your home.
Residential Duct Cleaning in Toronto
If you are having family and friends over during the holidays, why not get your ducts cleaned by City Duct Cleaning Inc.? This will everyone to breathe clean air and enjoy the season in your home. It will allow you to have peace of mind that your home is truly clean for your guests. We also offer commercial duct cleaning in Toronto for your business. Contact City Duct today for more information about our duct cleaning services.
5 Benefits of Maintaining and Cleaning Ducts
You can consider the air duct system in your home to be the “respiratory system” of your house. It works to filter out dust, dirt, and other contaminations from your house. It should be cleaned at least every five to seven years. Choosing residential duct cleaning services will help your home to be as clean as possible.
Improve Air Quality
When your air-conditioning or furnace runs, they are taking out dust and dirt from your air. This dirt and dust will gradually build up in the ducts of the system, allowing mildew, mould, and bacteria to grow in the area. Removing these pollutants from your system can help your family members with allergies breathe easier.
While the dirt and dust build up in the ducts, not all of it will stay there. Some of this dirt and dust will continue to circulate your home every time that you run the air-conditioning or the heating. After getting residential duct cleaning in Toronto, you will notice that you do not need to vacuum or dust your home as much. This is because your interior will be naturally cleaner.
When the ducts of your system are filled with dust, dirt, and mould, the opening of these ducts gradually becomes smaller. This means that the same amount of energy will send less air through the ducts. To maintain the original temperatures in your home, the system will have to work harder. The vents may also not send enough air out of them until you get home duct cleaning services.
Increased Equipment Life
Because the system will have to work harder to maintain the temperatures in your home with dirty ducts, it may not last as long. An HVAC system is an expensive investment that you will want to take good care of. When your system is clean and maintained well, the system will have less of a strain on it, allowing it to last as long as possible.
If your home still smells bad even after cleaning it, it may be because of mildew, bacteria, and mould in your ducts. Pet odours and smoke can both recirculate around your home because the odour is trapped in the air ducts. Your air may also smell stale or musty. Getting home duct cleaning services can help you reduce these types of odours in your house.
Choose Residential Duct Cleaning in Toronto
When you choose City Duct Inc. to clean the ducts in your home, you can rest assured that we will make the process as smooth as possible for you. Contact us today for more information about our residential duct cleaning services.
The Health Risks of Unclean Ducts
A lot of people rely on home duct cleaning services because they don’t like dirty furniture. Then others opt for residential duct cleaning as a way of improving the performance and extending the life of their HVAC system. While both of those are excellent reasons to use a residential duct cleaning service in Toronto, there’s another.
Dirty ducts actually create health risks. In fact, there’s a list of the many possibilities. Fortunately, having your ducts cleaned is a great way to reduce health-related dangers dramatically. Instead of everyone breathing in air that’s filled with pollen, pet dander, and other pollutants, it’s clean and fresh.
Although residential duct cleaning benefits everyone living in the home, it’s especially critical for those with compromised immune systems or respiratory problems. For example, poor air quality can have a devastating effect on someone with asthma. It also poses issues for those with COPD, emphysema, and other similar illnesses. Even people with seasonal allergies suffer by living in an environment with poor air quality.
Following are some examples of how dirty air ducts can wreak havoc on a person’s health. These clearly show the value that home duct cleaning services offer.
- Common Illnesses – Allergies, cough, sore throat, and even the common cold can come from having dirty ducts. The problem is that without using a residential duct cleaning service in Toronto according to the recommended schedule, the air pushes through the ducts, forcing pollutants into the air that people can breathe. Along with these, other contaminants can include rodent and insect droppings, mold, mildew, and more.
- Sick Building Syndrome – Although commonly referenced in connection with a business, people living in homes with dirty ducts can experience the same symptoms. In this case, allergens accumulate over time during periods when the HVAC system is off. When turned on, all those contaminants come out in force. If you have a vacation home or travel in between homes during different months, this could create health-related issues.
- Aging – A lot of people have no idea that dirty indoor air can speed up the aging process. In addition to causing problems inside the body, it also impacts the skin. Thankfully, residential duct cleaning can eliminate this risk.
Beyond all the reasons mentioned to hire a residential duct cleaning service in Toronto, remember that dirty ductwork can also make the home smell horrible.
Enjoy Clean, Healthy Air
The best way to avoid all these potential issues is to hire a professional company for home duct cleaning. At City Duct Cleaning, we offer years of experience and genuinely care about our customers. Give us a call for a free quote. Prevent health problems by having your ducts cleaned as soon as possible.
How to Check Whether Your Home Vent Needs Cleaning or Not
You may not realize it, but when the air vents become clogged with dirt, debris, pet hair, and other pollutants, a problem of restricted airflow can develop. When that happens, the thermostat cannot detect any change in temperature. Regardless if you move the setting higher or lower, your HVAC system will continue running as it tries to make the interior comfortable. Use the tips provided to determine if you need your vents cleaned or have an expert check them as part of professional home duct cleaning services.
Remember, the air vents play a critical role in your HVAC system’s infrastructure. By serving as a conduit through which heated or cooled air flows into the home, you can live comfortably all year long. However, if the vents clog, develop leaks, or become obstructed in any way, not only is it hard to maintain the desired temperature, but you also use a lot more energy and pay a higher utility bill each month.
An expert from a company that performs home duct cleaning in Toronto advises for you to look for specific things, including those listed below.
- Dramatic Increase in Your Utility Bill – If you begin to notice a significant increase in the amount you owe on your energy bills, there is an excellent chance that your ductwork, including air vents, needs cleaning. This increase shows that something is wrong. In this case, it is to your advantage to rely on professional home duct cleaning services in Toronto. Along with standard cleaning, the technician will look for any leaks caused by damage, a dirty blower motor, clogged filters or air vents, and so on.
- Visible Buildup of Dirt or Dust – Even looking at the air vents will indicate whether you need to have them cleaned or not. If you see any telltale signs around the edges or on the slats, you need to hire a reputable company that provides home duct cleaning services.
- Increase in Respiratory Problems – Whether you or someone else in your household has asthma, COPD, allergies, or some other respiratory illness, any exaggerated symptoms could be a sign you need your air vents cleaned. The same goes for someone without a condition who suddenly begins to experience symptoms. Remember, everyone breathes in dirt, dust, insect or rodent droppings, pet hair or dander, and other contaminants blown through the ductwork into the interior of the home, making professional home duct cleaning services in Toronto imperative.
- Insect or Rodent Infestation – If you start to see an increase in the number of insects or rodents around your house, more than likely, the ductwork contains droppings. Although this creates a foul smell, the bigger concern is the diseases that some insects and animals carry. Immediately after identifying an infestation, you should call the professionals.
Your Most Trusted Source
For optimum cleaning of your entire ductwork system, contact us at City Duct Cleaning. We stand behind our claim of providing customers with excellent service.