How Frequently Do You Need Dryer Duct Cleaning for Your Home?
Just like the lint trap in your dryer, the duct vents become dirty and, sometimes, clogged. To prevent a problem from arising, you need to have a dryer duct cleaning service performed. By hiring a commercial vent cleaning company, a licensed technician will clean the vents and unblock any clogs. As a result, you do not have to worry about your appliance failing, the risk of a fire, or the buildup of carbon monoxide.
While you understand the importance of having the duct vent cleaned regularly, you need to know how frequently to hire someone for this service. Although various companies may recommend a somewhat different schedule, consider the following factors or contact a reputable company that offers local dryer duct cleaning for advice.
- Age of the Dryer – If you have an older dryer, there is a good chance that it does not operate as well as a new appliance. Therefore, the age of your dryer is one determining factor.
- Dryer Load – Also consider how often you run loads of clothes, sheets, towels, and other items in the dryer. Typically, if you run your dryer on a daily basis, the vent needs checking more often.
- Items Getting Dried – If you tend to dry a lot of blankets, towels, sweaters, and other things that shed a lot of lint, you want to increase the frequency of using a commercial vent cleaning service.
- Cycle Time – Even the length of time that you operate the dryer plays a role in the frequency of cleaning. For instance, if you tend to dry items longer than needed, you should lessen the time in between service calls.
- Pet Hair – You also need to consider if you have dogs, cats or other shedding animals in the home. The more hair, the higher the risk of the dryer vent becoming excessively dirty or clogged.
- Potential Risks – You should also pay attention to any factors that indicate a potential risk. As an example, if the interior of the dryer seems hotter than usual or you begin to notice a burning smell while the dryer operates, contact a professional right away. Both of these could be warning signs of a clog.
As you can see, you need to consider several factors to help determine the frequency of having your dryer vent cleaned. However, you can always reach out to a well-respected local company for its recommendation.
Your Most Trusted Source
Instead of relying on just any company to clean the vent of your dryer, you can count on our experience and expertise at City Duct Cleaning. As experts, we can quickly correct any problem and at a competitive price. Visit us online or call today for professional assistance.