The Difference between Commercial and Residential Air Duct Cleaning
You might think there are no differences between commercial and residential duct cleaning in Toronto. In reality, there are a few distinctions. However, the goal in both cases is to eliminate dirt, debris, mold, mildew, and other potentially dangerous substances, thereby improving indoor air quality.
Commercial and residential HVAC systems work in much the same way for heating and cooling. Because differences do exist, it is important to hire the right professional.
- Residential HVAC systems are located on the ground and within close proximity to the structure. Commercial HVAC systems are typically on roofs that give technicians more room to work.
- A technician qualified to provide commercial duct cleaning in Toronto is essential since commercial HVAC systems are larger and more complex than residential ones. For example, commercial HVAC systems are designed as a package that is housed within one cabinet. While the system remains outside, the zone dampers and ducts are inside. In comparison, residential HVAC systems are in what the industry refers to as “splits,” meaning that a unit within the home is comprised of a condensate drain, evaporator, and blower while on the outside is the condenser, condenser fan, and compressor.
- Due to the complexity of commercial HVAC systems, the cost for commercial duct cleaning in Toronto is generally higher than for residential service.
- The exact equipment used also varies according to the type of HVAC system. However, in both cases, technicians often use gas-powered vacuums that create pressure for the entire HVAC system, thereby pulling debris out of the ductwork.
- Another difference between residential and commercial duct cleaning is that technicians who work on commercial HVAC systems have more extensive training than those who work on residential systems.
The bottom line is that by hiring a company that offers either or both commercial and residential duct cleaning in Toronto, you will have confidence that the service will meet, if not exceed, your expectations. Regardless of which HVAC system you have, properly cleaned and maintained ducts ensure a healthier indoor environment.Share this: