5 Significant Benefits of Attic Insulation Removal in Toronto
While the thought of attic insulation removal in Toronto may initially sound odd, there are several benefits. The goal is to remove existing insulation that over time has become dirty or perhaps damaged by rodents and then replace it with a more efficient material.
You want attic cleaning and insulation removal performed by a reputable company. That way, you have the assurance that the work will get done correctly and that the expert uses the appropriate type of insulation.
- Improved Health – Especially if there are rodent droppings and urine, inhalation or direct contact could cause significant health issues for you and your family. Along with these contaminants, the rodents themselves pose a risk. For instance, if an infected rat gets inside the home and bites someone, that person could experience a range of different health issues.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality – Even the air quality inside of your home would improve by having the existing insulation removed and new insulation added. As an example, if the material gets wet, it could become moldy. Not only would the home have a musty smell, but also, if any spores become airborne and are inhaled, they too pose a health risk.
- Maximum Energy Efficiency – By replacing the insulation currently in your attic with a better product, your home becomes more energy-efficient. As a result, it would feel more comfortable during both the winter and summer months.
- Saving on Utilities – The more efficient your home is, the less you will spend each month on heating and cooling utility bills. Often, the difference in price before insulation removal and after replacement is dramatic.
- Increased Resell Value – If you plan to sell your home at some point, new attic insulation becomes a key selling point. By replacing the old material in your attic with a superior product, your property value may increase.
It is essential to hire a company that specializes in the removal of old attic insulation and the addition of new. As part of the process, an expert will inspect the attic, looking for any entry points where rodents or pests get inside, which would then get professionally sealed. The expert will also decontaminate your attic before installing new insulation.
Although there are many attic insulation removal contractors in Toronto, At City Duct Cleaning, we do everything mentioned and then some while guaranteeing our performance. For information about our company and the full line of services that we offer, visit us online or call today to speak with a company representative.Share this: