5 Important Dryer Duct Safety Tips
Whether you clean out your dryer’s lint trap when you think about it or religiously perform this task, there’s much more involved to ensure the safety of your household and property. The fact is that you also need to use professional services for dryer duct cleaning in Toronto. Learn the five most important safety tips, which will show you why dryer duct cleaning services are so critical.
Improve Safety with Dryer Duct Cleaning
Regardless if you live alone and only do one or two loads of laundry a week or have a household of eight that requires you to do multiple loads, these same safety tips apply.
- Regular Maintenance – For starters, along with emptying out the lint trap, you want to remove any debris from the vent. However, if you begin to notice a burning smell when operating your dryer, find it hot to the touch, or it has to cycle through several times to thoroughly dry your clothes, you should contact a company that provides professional dryer duct cleaning services right away. From there, you want to have the vents cleaned once a year at a minimum.
- Expert Inspection – When hiring a company for dryer duct cleaning in Toronto, make sure you select one with the proper licensing and insurance. Also, when it comes to this particular type of job, it’s always best to go with a company that has years of experience specific to dryer duct cleaning. That way, you have confidence the expert will perform the work correctly.
- Fire Prevention – Considering that thousands of homeowners experience significant fire damage directly related to a dirty dryer vent, you should keep a fire extinguisher close by your utility room. At the same time, you and your family need to devise an escape route just in case you don’t catch the fire early enough to extinguish it.
- Proper Codes – Take time to learn the safety codes applicable to you. As a perfect example, at no time should your dryer vent be less than four inches in diameter. Also, if you have to use an extra-long exhaust vent to reach the outside, it shouldn’t be more than 25 feet in length.
- Unattended Dryer – A leading company that offers dryer duct cleaning services reminds homeowners to never leave the dryer running when not at home. While turning it on and then running a quick errand may seem perfectly innocent, it’s a recipe for disaster. Even if you have a new model appliance, you should always be at home when operating this appliance.
These easy-to-follow safety tips will help keep you, your family, your pets, and your property safe. All the more important, be sure to hire a reputable company for dryer duct cleaning in Toronto for once a year maintenance.
Your Most Trusted Source
For professional and affordable dryer duct cleaning, contact us at City Duct Cleaning. We look forward to serving you as a valued customer.Share this: