What Are the Benefits of Old Attic Insulation Removal?
While some homeowners hire a company for old attic insulation removal simply because they want to upgrade to a better-quality product, others need to do this for health and safety reasons.
Regardless of the scenario, there are a number of benefits to hiring a company for insulation removal in Toronto.
- Dangerous Material – For homes constructed from the late 1950s to 1970s, builders often used asbestos, a potentially deadly material. Along with ceiling spray, pipes, drywall, flooring, and more, insulation usually contained asbestos. If your house falls within this timespan, professional attic insulation removal in Toronto is critical. Due to the risks involved, this is a job for licensed professionals.
- Increased Energy Consumption – Old insulation does not have the ability to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. For that reason, your air conditioning and heating system has to work overtime. As you can imagine, that dramatically increases the amount of energy you use, which then equates to higher monthly utility bills.
- Water Damage – Even a small crack or hole is enough to allow water to seep inside the attic, causing damage to the insulation. When that happens, there is an increased risk of mold growth, which can also be dangerous A reputable company that offers services for attic insulation removal in Toronto will remove the old insulation, replacing it with something new.
- Pest Infestation – Just as with water, any small opening is enough for a relatively large rodent to make its way inside your attic. Once there, the pest leaves behind droppings and dander that poses a serious health risk. For that reason, it is essential you have an inspection performed at least once a year. If the expert finds signs of a problem, you can then hire a company for attic insulation removal.
- Advanced Products – Attic insulation available today is significantly different from even five years ago. Thanks to advanced materials and technologies, you can have old material removed and then add new insulation. As mentioned, this will help keep your home more comfortable throughout the year, thereby saving you money and giving you peace of mind.
It is important to note that while you may be tempted, you should never go through the process of attic insulation removal yourself. This type of project requires a skilled and licensed professional. Along with taking out the old insulation, the expert will pay attention to other possible issues that may require a remedy.
Your Most Trusted Source
For professional attic insulation removal in Toronto as well as duct cleaning and other related services, City Duct Cleaning is your most reliable and trusted source. We offer competitive prices on all our services but without compromising on quality. We invite you to visit our website or call to speak directly with a company representative about your concerns.Share this: