residential duct cleaning toronto
now browsing by tag
How Commercial Duct Cleaning Differs from Residential Duct Cleaning in Toronto
Although both commercial and residential duct cleaning in Toronto is based on the same concept, there are differences in how these two services are performed. In both cases, ductwork with accumulated contaminants is cleaned, thereby improving indoor air quality. This is beneficial for everyone but in particular for people who struggle with asthma, COPD, and other types of upper respiratory problems.
In comparing a home and business, there is often a significant difference in square footage. Therefore, the primary difference between the two services has to do with the type of equipment used. For commercial duct cleaning, the equipment has to reach the HVAC system, which is often challenging. In addition, businesses typically have a more complex ductwork system than homes do.
Residential Duct Cleaning in Toronto
For this type of duct cleaning in Toronto, most companies use truck-mounted equipment, formally known as a commercial vacuum. Usually, the vacuum is operated by a gas engine, which remains located outside of the home.
Commercial Duct Cleaning in Toronto
For commercial Toronto duct cleaning, the most common solution involves a portable vacuum operated by an engine-powered compressor. Due to the amount of square footage associated with commercial structures, as well as larger and longer duct systems, electrical-powered equipment is required.
Duct Cleaning Price
Price is another difference between residential and commercial duct cleaning. With this type of service, the price is based mainly on total square footage. Since a business has more space than a home, it costs more to have the ductwork system cleaned.
To determine the amount that you can expect to pay, you need to know the price charged per square foot. Most companies that offer duct cleaning in Toronto include fan motor and coil cleaning, but some do not. Therefore, you need to know if this is included in the price or an additional charge.
Regardless whether you need commercial or residential duct cleaning in Toronto, choosing a reputable and trustworthy company is the most important decision that you will make. You want to hire a company that has years of experience and unrivaled expertise specific to duct cleaning.
City Duct Cleaning is a premier service provider for commercial and residential duct cleaning in Toronto. You can visit our website to learn about the various services that we offer or call us directly for a free, no-obligation quote.
Fascinating Facts Behind Duct Cleaning That You Should Know
When it comes to duct cleaning in Toronto, most people think they know just about everything. However, only after delving into the facts do they realize that residential and commercial duct cleaning in Toronto is quite fascinating.
Here are some of the more interesting facts about duct cleaning in Toronto.
- With an increase in high-efficiency windows and doors, as well as improved insulation, indoor air quality is actually on the decline. Although all of these design elements are great for reducing energy consumption and saving money, they cause a reduction in the amount of air transfer going between the inside and outside. Because most of these elements do not have additional ventilation, pollutants that get inside a home or business stay there.
- Residential and commercial duct cleaning in Toronto help improve indoor air quality by eliminating contaminants like pet dander, dust, dirt, chemicals, molds, microbes, and fungi within the ductwork system.
- On average, a heating and air conditioning system recirculates indoor air up to seven times a day. This has a huge impact on the amount and even type of contaminants that become trapped inside of ducts. Using a trusted duct cleaning service for regular maintenance prevents a buildup of contaminants.
- There are two methods of duct cleaning services. First, a special system connects into the ductwork to provide suction. As a high-pressure hose passes through, particles are removed. Second, a specialized vacuum that attaches to a hose and brushing system is passed through the ductwork. To be effective, both of these systems should be operated by an expert.
- Professional services should include cleaning of the heating or/or air conditioning pump as well as the coils inside of the HVAC system. To eliminate mold, dust mites, or bacteria left behind after cleaning is done, the expert should use a disinfectant fog.
- Depending on the size of the home or business, along with the type and level of contaminants, it takes between three and five hours to complete a thorough cleaning. If the heating or air conditioning system is located on the roof, more time is required.
- As for duct cleaning price, this is typically based on square footage, as well as the number of systems, levels, and registers involved. Because prices vary, it is important to have duct cleaning in Toronto performed by a reputable company.
City Duct Cleaning has been providing customers with superior services for years. We stand behind our services for duct cleaning in Toronto, whether residential or commercial. To learn more, please visit our website or call us directly to schedule an appointment.