Reduce House Fire Risk with Dryer Duct Cleaning in Toronto
To understand just how critical dryer duct cleaning in Toronto is at your home, look at the statistics for the risk of fire. Unfortunately, many people believe that emptying the lint trap is sufficient. Although it is imperative to keep the lint trap clean, the most significant concern is the exhaust vent, otherwise known as the duct. Not only does the section on the inside of the home need checking but also anything on the exterior.
- Dirty or clogged dryer ducts is one of the most common causes of house fires.
- Annually, there are more than 17,000 residential structure fires involving a clothes dryer, which can lead to injuries and even death.
- For direct property damage, house fires caused by clothes dryers account for over $230 million each year.
- The number one reason for fires relating to clothes dryers is a failure to clean the ducts.
Warning Signs and Tips
If your clothes are taking longer to dry than usual, you notice a burning smell, or the dryer becomes hot to the touch, you need to seek professional assistance right away. Also, rather than dry anything with spots of gasoline, cleaning agents, stains, or cooking oil, consider taking them to a dry cleaner or use a public laundromat. Make sure to keep the area around the dryer clean and clutter-free, and empty the lint trap after every load.
Professional Cleaning Services
At least once a year, or more often if you have a large family or dry a lot of blankets, sweaters, and other items that produce an extensive amount of lint, it is imperative to have your dryer duct cleaned by an expert. Using specialized dryer duct cleaning tools, that individual can reach clogs and dirt all the way through the vent, thereby eliminating the risk of a fire. For optimal safety, this is not something that you can overlook.
When it comes to cleaning a dryer duct in Toronto, it is always best to leave the job to an experienced and trained professional. At City Duct Cleaning, our technicians are more than qualified to get the job done correctly. To eliminate the risk of a house fire caused by a dirty or clogged exhaust vent, contact us today through our website or by phone. You and your family’s safety, as well as your property itself, depends on it.Share this: