Child Poisoned By Air Freshener

A two year old child has been poisoned after swallowing a liquid air freshener that he or she appears to have found inside an air vent.

Using a scented product to treat the air in a room is something that is commonly done, but I’ve always preferred to apply a duct deodorizer directly into the main air ducts, and this is something that is done in conjunction with a residential duct cleaning job on an as-needed basis.

When using a gel-type odor bar or even some kind of scented oil, it should be installed inside the furnace fan compartment. It would be much safer to use the product that way, not only will it be out of anyone’s reach, but the product will also treat the air in the whole house as opposed to only one room.

This heart-breaking story sadly proves that my common-sense method is by far the better one.

Child Poisoned By Air Freshener in NL

If you will ever be using any type of air freshener in your home that can be picked up by hand, whether it is a gel-type product, an air freshener in a plastic case or a bottle of scented oil or whatever, then please make sure that the product is being used safely.

Once you read that short news story linked above, you will surely remember it the next time you do use such a product.

Share this:
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblr