Home Duct Cleaning
now browsing by category
Top 5 Signs That You Need Home Duct Cleaning Services
While experts recommend using professional home duct cleaning services every three to five years, sometimes, they are required more often. If you do not know the last time the duct system got cleaned, you can schedule an appointment with one of the top duct cleaning companies right away. However, you can also look for five distinct signs that cleaning is necessary.
5 Key Signs
- Mold – When disrupted, potentially dangerous mold spores get into the atmosphere and are inhaled. This contaminant is bad for anyone, but it becomes more critical for people with allergies, asthma, COPD, and other upper respiratory problems. To eliminate any health risk and prevent the growth of bacteria, cleaning is essential. If someone experiences worsened symptoms, you need your ducts cleaned.
- Debris – Along with hidden dangers are those visible to the eye. Debris, dirt, and dust are perfect examples. If you notice an accumulation on furniture, around air vent covers, or on top of appliances, you need the air ducts professionally cleaned. Unless corrected, the problem will worsen.
- Clogged Air Filter – Monthly, change the air filter on your HVAC system. If you notice the filter is covered or clogged, there is probably an excessive amount of contaminants blowing through the system, which goes into the ducts and then the home. Not only is this unhealthy for people in the home, it also impacts the effectiveness of your HVAC system.
- Insects or Rodents (Plus Droppings) – Another sign that your duct system needs cleaning is the presence of dead insects or rodents, or their droppings. These creatures look for small spaces to live, with your air duct being perfect. If you notice anything around your HVAC system or air vents, call a professional as soon as possible.
- High Utility Bill – An increase in your heating or air-conditioning bill also indicates dirty air ducts. The reason is that airflow becomes restricted, causing the HVAC system to run longer and work harder.
Hire the Top Professionals
Rather than depend on just any of the home duct cleaning service providers in Toronto, turn to the trusted professionals at City Duct Cleaning. Check out our website or call today to enjoy a cleaner and healthier home environment.
Why Should You Go for Home Duct Cleaning Services?
You have probably seen advertisements about home duct cleaning services or had friends tell you that air duct cleaning for the home is important, but is this something that you need to consider? The answer is yes. With so many benefits, including improved indoor air quality, you should contact a company as soon as possible to have the ductwork in your home cleaned.
When looking for “good home duct cleaners near me,” start by looking for a reputable company with experience and expertise that uses cutting-edge air duct cleaning equipment. A company that matches all of this criteria will perform the work correctly, giving you peace of mind that your ductwork is clean.
Each day, dirt, debris, and various contaminants accumulate inside of air ducts. While some of it adheres to the surface, some are blown into the home every time your air conditioning or heating system operates. Once your HVAC system forces the contaminants into the home, they either settle on furniture or remain airborne and are inhaled. The risk for problems increases for people with asthma, allergies, and other upper respiratory problems.
Something else to consider is that in some instances, rodents, such as mice, rats, and even snakes, make their way inside of air ducts. The air ducts are also a great place for roaches and other insects to hide. As with dust and debris, air from your HVAC system blows over the droppings, which can be dangerous since these critters often carry disease.
The problem is that most people have no idea that their air ducts are dirty. If you have not had them cleaned before or it has been years, now is time to call in reinforcement. You might also notice an increase of dust that settles on furniture, a clear sign that your air ducts are dirty.
Along with improved air quality, clean air ducts will save you money. By having the ductwork cleaned, your air conditioning and furnace do not work so hard, which means they run less often. As a result, you will pay less each month on your utility bills. However, this also reduces the risk of your HVAC system failing prematurely.
At City Duct Cleaning, we take pride in providing our customers with exceptional service. Visit our website for more information or contact a company representative today.